We understand and appreciate that you are concerned about privacy, particularly in relation to the use and disclosure of Personal Information. We are committed to providing a high level of privacy in relation to all Personal Information that is collected by us.
- a customer;
- an Authorised Festool Dealer or a customer of a customer of an Authorised Festool Dealer;
- a supplier engaged by us or a partner collaborating with us;
- an independent contractor or an employment applicant; and
- an employee, except where the use or disclosure is directly related to the relationship between us as employer and you as the employee and relates to an ‘employee record’ about you as a present or past employee.
What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is information or an opinion about you as an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not it is recorded in a material form.
“Sensitive Information” is information about an individual’s health (including predictive genetic information), racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, professional or trade association or trade union, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, biometric information that is to be used for certain purposes and biometric templates.
What Personal Information do we collect from you?
The types of Personal Information collected by us may differ, depending on whether you are, or would like to become, a customer, partner, supplier, employee or independent contractor.
Generally, the Personal Information collected by us includes your name, residential, billing and or postal address, mobile or other telephone numbers and email address.
From our commercial customers, Authorised Festool Dealers, partners and suppliers we may also require company details including ABN and/or ACN.
Where you seek to purchase goods or services on credit, we may seek further information from you. If you elect to pay by credit card via our website, we may engage the services of payment gateway providers and we will not collect or store your bank account or credit card details. We do not hold your credit card details
From our employees and/or prospective employees, we collect several types of information, including, but not limited to, employment status, gender, bank account details, emergency contact details, qualifications, previous employment details, medical and health information, leave summaries, wages and salary information, date of birth, superannuation information, tax file numbers, where relevant visa and immigration information and information relating to performance and conduct.
We do not otherwise collect Sensitive Information.
In some circumstances, you may deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym. However, in most circumstances it is impracticable to do so because if you do not provide us with the Personal Information that we require or if you provide it in a way that does not identify you, we are unlikely to be able to provide the goods and services requested by you.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
We collect Personal Information in a number of ways, including:
- from you when you make a telephone or online enquiry or purchase our goods and services;
- from you when you provide us with information, for example, via our website, feedback forms or when you subscribe to our newsletter or agree to receive electronic direct mail or text messages from us;
- from you when you register your tools via our website for warranty purposes;
- from our Authorised Festool Dealers when they register your tools via our website for warranty purposes.
- by visiting or subscribing to any website or social media site established by us, including but not limited to LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube ("Social Media Sites")
- from publicly available sources of information
- through analysis of the Social Media Sites conducted by us or by third parties on our behalf; and
- our own records.
We use Google to help analyse how users use our website by collecting standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Site (including IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
Of themselves, cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies a user, but Personal Information that we store about You may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from Cookies.
Primary purpose for which we use and disclose your Personal Information
The primary purpose for which your Personal Information will be used and disclosed is to enable us to provide you with the goods and services requested by you.
This primary purpose generally includes:
- supplying our products and services to you;
- providing product training and information, quality assurance and warranty services for our products and services;
- responding to your enquiries and feedback regarding our business, our products and services;
- conducting appropriate credit checks;
- monitoring the performance of our business, our contractors and employees and our goods and services including by requesting that you participate in user satisfaction surveys;
- marketing including email marketing and text messaging, promotional activities relating to our goods and services;
- enforcing the terms and conditions of our engagement with you;
- for the management of our database; and
- ensuring compliance with statutory obligations.
We use and disclose information we hold about you as an employee of or incidental to our role as your employer and in accordance with applicable laws.
From time to time, we may communicate with you directly to promote our products or services. On each communication, we will advise how you may unsubscribe or opt out of receiving such communications. You may, at any time, request not to receive direct marketing communications from us and we will comply with that request.
Disclosure of your Personal Information via Social Media Sites
By engaging in any Social Media Activity on our Social Media Sites, you agree to and are subject to the terms and conditions of such Social Media Sites. Any Personal Information shared by you on Social Media Sites is generally disclosed in accordance with the terms and conditions and privacy policies of such Social Media Sites.
Generally, photos and other material shared on Social Media Sites will be able to be viewed by the general public. Such material may be shared by others repeatedly and will be visible by anyone visiting the locations to which the material has been shared. You may be able to remove the material that you have shared from the location at which you shared it. However, any material that has been re-shared will be out of our control and neither you nor we will be able to remove it from any subsequently shared location. We are not responsible for any material that has been shared by you.
We reserve the right to remove any photos, comments or other material that is in any way inappropriate or offensive (in our opinion) from our Social Media Sites.
Consent to use and disclosure for secondary purposes
In addition, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- to third party consultants who may from time to time develop, upgrade or manage all or part of our database, computer systems, website or Social Media Site;
- to third parties where we outsource any of our functions, including but not limited to development, production and/or printing of advertising and marketing material and campaigns, including where such material contains photos or video of individuals; and
- of or incidental to a sale of all or part of our business to prospective purchasers and their legal and accounting representatives; and
- as required by law.
Where your Personal Information is disclosed to a third party by us for these types of purposes, we take reasonable steps to ensure the information is not used for any purpose other than to perform the tasks assigned to them by us.
Authorised Festool Dealers
When you visit an Authorised Festool Dealer either in-store or online, the Authorised Festool Dealer bears its own responsibility to ensure compliance with the Privacy Act in relation to any Personal Information it may capture in any transaction with you (for example, purchase, warranty registration on your behalf). We are not responsible for the acts or omissions of our Authorised Festool Dealers.
Cross Border Disclosure
We do not actively disclose your Personal Information overseas. However, we use programs, software, online tools, or Social Media Sites that may be based in and/or housed overseas. For example, your Personal Information is managed through Salesforce which securely stores data across multiple servers in accordance with its Privacy and Security Policies – see further details below. In using such products, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure all privacy settings are set to the highest possible level of confidentiality and privacy. However, use and disclosure of your Personal Information by such overseas organisations is generally in accordance with the terms and conditions and privacy policies of such organisations.
See the table below showing the products we use (which may change from time to time).
Country of disclosure
USA, New Zealand, Japan, India, China, Korea, Canada, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, European Union, United Kingdom, Israel, Morocco
If you consent to disclosure of your Personal Information as described above, we are not required to take reasonable steps to ensure that such organisations do not breach the APPs in relation to the disclosed information, we will not be liable under the Privacy Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act. The overseas organisation may not be subject to any privacy obligations in their own country that are similar to the APPs, you may not be able to seek redress in the overseas jurisdiction and the overseas recipient could be subject to foreign laws that compel disclosure to third parties, such as overseas authorities. Having been informed of the possibility that such disclosures may occur, you consent to that disclosure by undertaking the type of activities specified above which indicate your consent.
We are committed to ensuring the security of your Personal Information and we will take all reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including:
- having secure premises and databases/records;
- taking measures to restrict access to personnel who need that information in order for us to be able to provide our products and services; and
- technological measures, such as computer passwords, data back-up, anti-virus software and firewalls.
Please note that our website does not provide systems for secure transmission of Personal Information across the internet, except where otherwise indicated. When emailing or providing Personal Information to us via our website, please be aware that there are risks involved in transmitting Personal Information via the internet.
Our website may contain links to other internet sites. We have no control over the privacy practices employed at other websites and we accept no responsibility for the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information by other internet sites. We strongly advise you to review the privacy policies of such websites. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, polices or practices or any third-party sites or services.
We cannot provide a guarantee with respect to the security of your Personal Information and we will not be liable for any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to the website being linked to the internet.
You must ensure your username and password applicable to our online shop are kept secret. We cannot be held liable where you have not kept your username and password strictly confidential.
If we suspect that a data breach has occurred, we will undertake an assessment into the circumstances of the suspected breach as soon as reasonably practicable, but within 30 days after we become aware that the suspected breach has occurred. Where it is ascertained that a data breach has actually occurred and if we determine that there is a reasonably possibility of serious harm being caused to individuals as a consequence of the breach, we will notify the Privacy Commissioner and take reasonable steps to notify the affected individuals as soon as reasonably practicable.
How to check or change your details
If you wish to amend the Personal Information because it is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, or if you wish your Personal Information to be deleted, please contact our Privacy Officer. If we refuse to comply with your request, we will let you know why.
If you believe that we have not complied with our obligations pursuant to the Act, or have a complaint about the use or disclosure of your Personal Information by us, please contact our Privacy Officer. We will discuss your concerns with you and take action as necessary to address such concerns which may include contacting us to take the matter further.
We will endeavour to resolve your complaint as soon as possible. However, the length of time will depend on the nature and complexity of the issues you have raised.
You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt of the complaint from us within five business days. We will give you an estimate of how long it may take us to deal with the matter but we will endeavour to finalise the matter within 30 days.
If we decide that your complaint is justified, we will then decide what action we should take in response. We will always try to match our response to the nature of your complaint and your desired outcome, but this may not always be possible.
Some of the things that we may decide to do include:
- take steps to rectify the problem or issue you have raised;
- provide you with you additional information or advice so that you can understand what happened and how we have dealt with it;
- take steps to change our policies or procedures if your complaint identifies a problem in the way we are doing things.
Euro Tooltechnic Pty Ltd
21-27 Evolution Drive, Dandenong South, Victoria, 3175
Ph: 1300 036 900